Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a data controller under registration number Z9348829.
What Information We Collect
- As a Client \ 3rd Party Borrower to provide you with legal services.
- Whilst servicing your account through our website, in writing or over the phone.
- If you request information or assistance from us.
What personal information we process
- Personal details such as your date of birth, address, National Insurance Number, telephone number and email address.
- Identity information such as your passport, driving licence, utility bills or national identity card.
- Financial details such as information about your bank accounts.
- Employment/self-employment details.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Special categories of personal data include information about an individual's health and other categories of personal information which are closely protected.
We do not generally process such information unless you have voluntarily provided this to us, or it is relevant to the legal service you have asked us to provide you with. For example, in Family & Matrimonial matters, or where you have advised us of an issue, such as your health, which could mean that you may be classed as a “vulnerable client” i.e. due to your personal circumstances or personal characteristics you are particularly vulnerable to financial detriment. We will process sensitive information where you have provided this information to us and have agreed that we can use this information to deliver products and services to you. Where possible we shall seek to minimise the collection and use of such special categories of personal data.
How we use your Information
- Provide legal services to you.
- Provide and service your relationship with us.
- Comply with legal obligations for the prevention of financial crime and money laundering.
We will process your information in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, where we have a legitimate interest to do so, where we are permitted by law or to comply with applicable laws and regulation.
|Providing a service and internal processing|
|To assess your needs and provide you with suitable products and services||
|To service and administer your matter including billing||
|To verify the identity of our Client \ 3rd Party Borrower||
|To confirm, update and improve our Client \ 3rd Party Borrower records||
|To provide you with any information on the services that you have requested||
|To manage and develop our relationship with you||
|Training and development|
|For training purposes and to improve our service to you||
|Complying with Legal Obligations|
|To prevent, investigate and prosecute crime, fraud and money laundering||
|For auditing purpose||
|If we are obliged to disclose information by reason of any law, regulation or court order||
|To transfer information to any entity which may acquire rights in us||
|For any other purpose to which you agree.||
How we retain your personal information
We will retain your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or anonymise personal information we no longer need for the purposes we have set out above.
Our retention periods are:
|Type of personal Information||Retention Period|
|General personal data which includes your normal personal data, personal identity and personal financial data||
|Client Due Diligence Material which includes copies of your Passport, Drivers Licence, Bank Statements and any associated documents and explanations you have given to us to prevent fraud, financial crime and money laundering||
|Special categories of personal data||
How we share your information
- Regulatory authorities to comply with our legal obligations.
- Credit reference agencies to check your identity in accordance with our legal obligations.
- Property Search Companies to identify any issues that might influence your decision to buy or sell a property.
- Insurers for the purpose of providing you with appropriate financial cover for an identified insurable risk, or in connection with any claim made by you against us.
- Property Agents, Brokers, Lenders, other Solicitors involved in your transaction representing other party(ies) in your matter to enable them and us to fulfil our obligations to you.
- Other Government Departments such as HMRC, Companies House, Probate Registry, Court of Protection or Registers of Scotland/HM Land Registry to fulfil your and our legal obligations.
- Experts and Advocates/Barristers required to work on your matter.
- Our Auditors and external assessment bodies to achieve and maintain any Regulatory or Quality Assurance Standards and accreditations which meet our legal obligations and enable us to provide quality legal services to you.
We invest appropriate resources to protect your personal information, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
You have the right to request copies of your personal information. If you think any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request it is corrected or erased. You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information, to require us to stop processing your personal information and/or to withdraw your agreement to processing based on 'consent', but this does not apply where we have other legal justifications to continue processing your data or an overriding legitimate interest.
In relation to all of these rights, please write to us at the address below.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information you may contact us using the details below and we will investigate your complaint. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office - (www.ico.org.uk).
You can contact us by writing to us at:
Your Conveyancer Solicitors
87 High Street
(FAO Neil Crockatt)
Telephone queries can be made to 0344 576 7755