Your Conveyancer Limited is committed to protecting the information that we hold and process on behalf of clients and others.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’), the data controller is Your Conveyancer Limited, 87 High Street, Dunfermline KY12 7DR. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Kyle Peddie.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, email, address, telephone number and other contact details.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on yourconveyancer.co.uk (‘our site’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material and/or requesting further services. This may include but is not limited to your name and job title, contact information including e-mail address, gender, occupation and company details and interests in order to provide you with details of our products and services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Where we store your personal data
In providing services to you, we may be required to send information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
Your data will enable us to provide you with the information that you may request and the legal services which you wish us to provide to you. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our services to you. In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments relating to our services.
Further, where you have consented, we may use your information to let you know about other services which we offer including training and educational programmes which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by post, telephone, fax or email. We may also send you newsletters containing general information about our services.
We may also use your information for internal record keeping or pass it to accountants, consultants and other professionals, for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our contractual and regulatory obligations.
Data Protection Act (“the Act”)
The Act is designed to protect individuals about whom information is entered and stored on computers and other systems. Any data about individuals, including you, which you enter onto our website directly or otherwise provide us with will be subject to the terms of the Act and you are responsible for the accuracy and relevance of such data and must have the authority to disclose it to us and to authorise us to utilise it for the purposes stated above.
Pursuant to the Act, your name may be retained on our marketing database. The database enables us to select contacts to receive a variety of marketing materials including legal update service and newsletters. It details your name, address, telephone, fax, email, website, mailing requirements and other comments if any. Please ensure you update us with any changes. You have the right to correct any data that relates to you.
You should contact Data Protection Enquiry, Your Conveyancer Limited, 87 High Street, Dunfermline KY12 7DR.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be held on secure servers or in a manual filing system.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners and will be one of the transferred assets.
Security and data retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Access to information
You are entitled to get access to the information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us in writing at the address below. We are entitled by law to charge a fee, currently £10, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com or Data Protection Enquiry, Your Conveyancer Limited, 87 High Street, Dunfermline KY12 7DR.